Karaoke on IPad give users access to only songs?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by boomercates, Feb 5, 2017.

1. boomercates macrumors newbie

Ok...so I am an uber driver and I had the crazy idea of setting up karaoke in my car...my plan is to download a couple popular YouTube karaoke videos and put them on my iPad with an iPad stand... is there an easy way I can allow riders to pick karaoke videos without them going through my whole iPad? Looking for friendly/sleek interface that they can see all my videos with ease...

How would you set this up if this was you? Any ideas will help...

2. Cascades42 macrumors 6502

I'd use a separate video app (maybe VLC - with downloaded videos) and use the option to lock people into a specific app (guided access) - and maybe disable control centre in apps too (both can be set up in accessibility).

3. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

I hope you find the perfect solution. Sounds like an awesome (and entertaining) idea!

4. Septembersrain Contributor

Septembersrain

What about an app? You could use guided access and allow them only into that specific app? Just a thought.

Free Karaoke! Sing karaoke on YouTube with Yokee by Yokee Music
    https://appsto.re/us/5IdNG.i

5. boomercates thread starter macrumors newbie

I would do that but it would drain my limited data...I don't think you can download the music/video on Yokee?

6. Septembersrain Contributor

Septembersrain

Yeah. I apologize, I have unlimited and didn't factor that in. The best way to perhaps do this would to be to have YouTube red and then download a few songs offline into a playlist. Though you'll be able to lock them into that app, they'd still be able to accidentally or intentionally view other videos unless you disable the data connection. Then only keep the music you want them to have access to offline. That's the only thing I can honestly think of that would work.