Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!
  • Did you order new AirTags? We've opened a dedicated AirTags forum.

shamino

macrumors 68040
Jan 7, 2004
Purcellville, VA
seabass069 said:
Do you guys know of any really good Karaoke software that works with mac?
I know of two programs that can rip/play CD+G discs. Can't say how good either might be.
  • kTunes. A work in progress, but the feature list looks promising. Not free, but pretty inexpensive. If it works as advertised, it should be a great program. You can download a restricted trial version for evaluation.
  • iStar. Don't know anything about this one other than the fact that the kTunes web site has a chart comparing the two programs
Note that you will need a CD-ROM drive that can read the graphical subcodes from a CD+G disc. Most of Apple's drives will not. Plextor drives usually will. If your drive can't read the subcodes, you won't get any graphics off of a CD+G disc.

Comment

adt499

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2008
Gong List Creator

I am just looking to create KJ song lists is there software for that?

QUOTE=shamino;2079856]I know of two programs that can rip/play CD+G discs. Can't say how good either might be.
  • kTunes. A work in progress, but the feature list looks promising. Not free, but pretty inexpensive. If it works as advertised, it should be a great program. You can download a restricted trial version for evaluation.
  • iStar. Don't know anything about this one other than the fact that the kTunes web site has a chart comparing the two programs
Note that you will need a CD-ROM drive that can read the graphical subcodes from a CD+G disc. Most of Apple's drives will not. Plextor drives usually will. If your drive can't read the subcodes, you won't get any graphics off of a CD+G disc.[/QUOTE]

Comment

adt499

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2008
Kjams

There is also a programs called KJAMS.

I know of two programs that can rip/play CD+Gdiscs. Can't say how good either might be.
Note that you will need a CD-ROM drive that can read the graphical subcodes from a CD+G disc. Most of Apple's drives will not. Plextor drives usually will. If your drive can't read the subcodes, you won't get any graphics off of a CD+G disc.

Comment

Act2action

macrumors newbie
May 12, 2011
re: free Karaoke Software for Mac

After a very long time of searching I found a great karaoke creation program for Mac (and its FREE).

Click Here:http://www.griffintechnology.com/support/ikaraoke

It allows you to copy and paste song lyrics and attach it to your favorite songs, then easily sync up the lyrics with the song. (Push sync lyrics and use spacebar to tell it when the word is spoken). It then puts out a Iphone/Ipod file that is readable in itunes. You can also use this together with kjams for added effects.

Best to you!

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.