Karas Kustoms iPhone 4 Case

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by mickeyp49, Sep 24, 2010.

1. mickeyp49 macrumors member

Hey I just seen this case in another thread and I was wondering if anyone has ordered one, if so please leave a review. There only 39$ and they come in different colors.

http://www.karaskustomsonline.com/?p=161

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. daveathall macrumors 68000

daveathall

I saw the same post, they look neat so I've just ordered one $49 to the UK, I will write a review on the service and quality when it arrives.

Must admit, that is a great price.

3. mickeyp49 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks, and yes it is a great price if the reviews come out good then I'm going to order a red one.

4. Peterg2 macrumors 6502a

Looks very attractive in an industrial sort of way, but the same, albeit lesser problems, than the other metal cases. The antennae being essentially open prevents the issues of shrouding it with an RF opaque material like aluminum or carbon fiber. However, the antennae being so close to all this metal is going to result in increased capacitance and RF absorption.

All of these are for the form over function crowd.

5. Mastamuffin macrumors member

I actually ordered one earlier today. I will post up a review once i get it and test it.

6. zornet macrumors regular

Peter is there away of shielding this phenomena of the shrouded RF signal to the antenna of the other aluminum cases? If not this does lOOk like one of the best alternatives in metal cases, other than as it appears the possible pressure of the case on the iPhones glass surfaces :eek:.

7. iammike1 macrumors 6502a

iammike1

I worry that this case will possibly make it EASIER to break the glass.

8. rwd hero macrumors 6502

Thats an awesome case, i would really like to see some pictures of a red one.

9. zornet macrumors regular

I'll be seeing soon as I did place an order. A little modification maybe in order with a bit of felt or other material between the case / glass with an equal amount on the spacers. I see no need to be concerned ;).

10. damant macrumors 6502

damant

http://www.applegazette.com/iphone-accessories/hands-on-with-the-karaskustoms-iphone-4-case/

The way I look at it : similar type of case(the exo.. ;fusion raw;tld ) all face the same issue and remedy by having felt lining inside ; therefore even if you have to add some lining or cushions , it wouldn't be too bad.

I'm more concern about finding a right material/cushion to use (with minimum bulk )

I should be getting mine soon in a few days I'll let you guys know how things are ;-)