Karma, it's a...

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by klymr, Feb 28, 2008.

1. klymr macrumors 65816

So, I'm sitting here in class tonight waiting for these guys from Sensory Sweep (video game company) to give a presentation and they were ripping on Macs ("isn't that what you eat at McDonald's" and other comments) and low and behold, they can't get their Windows book to work right. The video card was having problems and then bam, the projector shuts down. I hear the guy up front whisper, "oh no, blue screen of death."

Here we are, half an hour later finally starting. I thought it was funny. I got a great laugh outta it. "Hey buddy, next time just buy a Mac!"

2. SamIchi macrumors 68030

SamIchi

That's the lamest thing mac insult I've ever heard. :rolleyes:

3. Leareth macrumors 68000

Leareth

I have had a similar experience.

Three Dells, two Lenovso and a Toshiba all could not connect to the projector.
    I finally asked if we could try my 15" PB
    to which about half of the group sneeringly replied " its mac it wont work with the projector..."
    so I get up, plug in the DVI to VGA adapter, plug in projector and it worked instantly.
    Then the next hurdle was , "its a Powerpoint file and mac dont have Office..."

anyways in the end it worked beautifully on my "it does not work" mac.

4. Prof. macrumors 601

Prof.

That's what they get for dissing Apple.:p

Karma is a B**ch

5. backsidetailsli macrumors 65816

backsidetailsli

i wish they were at mcdonalds. maybe theyd have a cheaper pricetag like a value meal or something

6. klymr thread starter macrumors 65816

I never would have guessed this would be so boring, but here we are, over an hour and fifteen minutes past the typical length of the class and they are finally finishing. Talk about long and boring!

7. dsnort macrumors 68000

dsnort

How about "Get a Mac or you might end up working at McDonalds"

8. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

Well, at least we know who not to buy games (or anything else) from.

9. klymr thread starter macrumors 65816

They are actually thought to be the largest independent game producer in the world. I'm sure if you have any sort of entertainment system, you most likely have a game produced by them. They are making some pretty amazing games it looks like, but they couldn't tell us much about them. I just wish they would have taken less time talking about some of the stuff they did. It drug on too long.