Karpersky

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by guklein, Dec 25, 2009.

1. guklein macrumors 6502a

Do you think worth to buy antivirus for Mac?
    If it does not help...could it bring a poor performance to Mac?

:confused:

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

That's what Kaspersky is for:
    Advanced anti-virus protection for your Mac. Stops malware before it can be passed from your Mac onto PCs and other systems on your network. Small, frequent updates. Outstanding performance. And a familiar Mac-type interface.

There are no (NO, NADA, NJENTE, NULL, ZERO) viruses for Mac OS X, so downloading Kaspersky would only be to prevent spreading a Windows virus that has been sent to you and which you send to another person.
    If you feel obliged to protect other people's computer, go for it.
    But in the end, the person owning the computer is responsible for the security, not you.

3. guklein thread starter macrumors 6502a

And receiving infected files from others (windows users). Is it not a problem for my Mac?

Thanks.

4. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

As those viruses are written for Windows, they can't harm Mac OS X, even if you open them.
    Mac OS and Windows differ quite completely in their underlying system and structure, that's why you can't open Windows .exe files on Mac OS.

But there are some trojans and other malware around (a dozen maybe), which have to be installed by yourself, which means, that you have to enter your password to do so.
    So if you don't install anything that you can't verify you're quite safe.

5. guklein thread starter macrumors 6502a

I never install anything I don't know...