Katamari on the iPod Touch...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Brewerpaul, Dec 16, 2008.

1. Brewerpaul macrumors regular

Anyone here tried this game?
    I LOVE the PS2 version-- it's so much fun just rolling stuff up that I don't even care if I win a level or not.
    I've heard mixed things about the iPod version.

2. lord patton macrumors 65816

lord patton

oh, I didn't know they had a Katamari game for iPhone. Seems like a natural.

I'd pay 5 bucks for it, but not with reviews like that! The App Store reviews are widely negative for poor framerate/performance.

3. Lesser Evets macrumors 68040

Lesser Evets

What a pity.

GTA3 and Katamari are the only real videogames, in my opinion. Everything else is pretty darn forgettable. If they fix these problems I would buy it for the iPT.

4. Naplander macrumors newbie

I love Katamari, and downloaded the game for my 1st gen iPhone yesterday.

It does slow down when you get bigger, and the "upgrade" animation is terrible, but I am sure there will be a fix within a matter of weeks.

It's still very playable at the moment though....

5. Brewerpaul thread starter macrumors regular

The first patch for Katamari is here, and most reviewers say it has fixed the problems pretty well. I just downloaded the game but haven't had time to try it yet. More to come...

Later: I just played one quick level, and so far I like this version of Katamari just fine. It has the feel of the original and the rate of play seems fine to me. The number of levels is fairly limited, but I'm not one to sit around for long periods and playing games so this should keep me satisfied.