Kathy Griffin is dating the Woz

riker1384

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 29, 2007
West Coast
This is one of the more unexpected headlines I've seen in my life. Steve Wozniak is apparently dating comedienne Kathy Griffin; he was her date to the Oscars. Afterwards he "downloaded her private parts" and she went on Larry King and bragged about how rich he is. I'm not sure what to make of it. For one thing, I thought he had given away money to a point where he wasn't actually a billionaire.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19wqns01-cA

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
If Us Magazine is correct and the ring on her finger at the Emmys was what they thought it was, they're more than just dating.

Comment

solvs

macrumors 603
Jun 25, 2002
LaLaLand, CA
Yeah, we knew this awhile ago, but it was kind of an open secret. Everyone said they just went on 1 date, they were just friends, whatever. But it looks like it's more serious than that. Well, they seem to have real affection for each other, despite her jokes about his money. Guess I should have believed the rumors after all.

They're both pretty... er, eccentric... wish them luck.

Comment

mikeheenan

macrumors 6502
Aug 8, 2007
I'm hoping he's smart enough to have a pre nup if things go that far (unlike Paul McCartney, ouch).

Comment

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
He's been married three times and has kids (three, I think) with his second wife. He and his third wife divorced a couple of years ago.

Comment

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
I think she got "delisted" from that list and got passed straight down to the Z-list, which only includes ex-celebrities that are still known today because they're mocked in bad jokes by D-list comedians. Even the jokes about these celebrities are tiring and not funny anymore due to them reaching cliché status from over-use.

Comment

BanjoBanker

macrumors 6502
Aug 10, 2006
Mt Brook, AL
Floats

I agree the Woz could do better, but he knows what floats his boat better than I would. I hope she makes him happy, because as others have said, Kathy Griffin's career is a non-issue now, totally off everyone's list. :cool:

Comment

Plymouthbreezer

macrumors 601
Feb 27, 2005
Massachusetts
Woz is less funny looking in person...But he's still out there.

Nonetheless, he's highly personable and not someone you'd have expected to help propell computers into the modern era. I met him at a FIRST Robotics competeion a few years back, as he was one of the judges. It was kind odd to stand next to The Woz and have a conversation with one of my personal heros; definitely an experience I'll never forget!

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.