Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stridey

macrumors 65816
Jan 21, 2005
Massachusetts, Connecticut
Anybody else think he looks like Jason Lee here?

050630_benjen_vlg_12p.widec.jpg

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
I hope the TV show Alias doesn't suffer too much because of her pregnancy and marriage to Ben. It would be the last straw for me.

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
mac_2005 said:
A happy day for Ben, but a sad day for Jen
Katie H., I hope that you're a-readin'

Linkety Link
I think Tommy Boy would be a much, much bigger mistake for Katie than Ben was for Jennifer. Say what you want about Ben, he's knowledgeable about the world around him, he's about the same age as Jennifer, and he seems to be a decent guy. What he's done in the past is along the lines of what most men would do in their late 20's/early 30's if they had the looks, money, and celebrity.

TC, on the other hand, is a Scientologist idiot who has handlers to tell him what he wants to hear. Something tells me that a life with Tom would be much less free and fun than one with Ben.

question fear

macrumors 68020
Apr 10, 2003
The "Garden" state
jsw said:
I think Tommy Boy would be a much, much bigger mistake for Katie than Ben was for Jennifer. Say what you want about Ben, he's knowledgeable about the world around him, he's about the same age as Jennifer, and he seems to be a decent guy. What he's done in the past is along the lines of what most men would do in their late 20's/early 30's if they had the looks, money, and celebrity.

TC, on the other hand, is a Scientologist idiot who has handlers to tell him what he wants to hear. Something tells me that a life with Tom would be much less free and fun than one with Ben.

agreed. tc is frightening, and the fact that he already lords his scientology beliefs over people (as in the matt lauer interview-this is not to comment either way on the validity of his beliefs) makes the age diff between tc and kh really sketchy.

also, the fact that ben and jen g have been really private bodes well for them, if they aren't constantly on the skewers of public opinion they probably have a better chance of making their relationship successful.

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
jsw said:

Firstly, very few fan encounters with Ben have ended up well, although the opposite is true of meetings with Jen, which is why I like her. :) Not a fan of hers, though, but she seems to be genuinely nice.

Secondly, Tommy Boy will call on the great Xenu and blow you up with hydrogen bombs if you disrespec him.

michaelrjohnson

macrumors 68020
Aug 9, 2000
Abstract said:
Secondly, Tommy Boy will call on the great Xenu and blow you up with hydrogen bombs if you disrespec him.
Yes. I rock myself to sleep evey night, crying, waiting for the bombs. :rolleyes: ;)

Tom seems just a little out there these days. Ah well.

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
I wish the couple well. Hope that they will have a long and happy marriage. I am saddened by the fact that Jennifer was pregnant and then decided to get married. A choice that they will have to live with.

Counterfit

macrumors G3
Aug 20, 2003
sitting on your shoulder
jsw said:
Say what you want about Ben, he's knowledgeable about the world around him, he's about the same age as Jennifer, and he seems to be a decent guy. What he's done in the past is along the lines of what most men would do in their late 20's/early 30's if they had the looks, money, and celebrity.
He's also a Red Sox fan :D

zelmo

macrumors 603
Jul 3, 2004
Mac since 7.5
I think he pursued her and woo'd her only because he had all those "Bennifer" monogrammed towels already ordered and paid for. :rolleyes:

He made out a lot better than she did in this arrangement, methinks. She seems genuinely sweet, while he is just a very lucky party boy.

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
Peterkro said:
Who are these people? :confused:

They are both big movie stars here in the United States. Jennifer Garner also stars in a TV show "Alias." Ben Afleck is also from Boston and a big Red Sox Fan. Prior he was engaged to Jennifer Lopez.

mac 2005

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 1, 2005
Chicago
wdlove said:
They are both big movie stars here in the United States. Jennifer Garner also stars in a TV show "Alias." Ben Afleck is also from Boston and a big Red Sox Fan. Prior he was engaged to Jennifer Lopez.

I think, but I don't know, that this post was sarcastic.

Although I started this thread, I understand the point. Celebrities should be entitled to a private life, the same as all of us enjoy.

Were you or I to appear in a thread on this site as "individuals," the logical response would be "Who?"

broken_keyboard

macrumors 65816
Apr 19, 2004
Secret Moon base
I used to like Jen Garner, but when I heard she was with Ben "insipid" Affleck I lost all care for her in an instant. It's amazing how you can lose all feeling in an instant.

It's like there's a subconscious realization that "if she likes him she can't be the person I thought she was," and it happens in a split second and all you are aware of on the conscious level is a sudden loss of feeling.

solvs

macrumors 603
Jun 25, 2002
LaLaLand, CA
iGary said:
He's such a talentless tool.
I dunno, watch Chasing Amy and see if you feel the same way. I think he just makes a lot of bad choices as far the movies he chooses to do. At least he has a good sense of humor about how much he occasionaly sucks. :p

Seriously though, why all the hatin'?

killuminati

macrumors 68020
Dec 6, 2004
Jennifer has been filming a movie across from my house for the last couple of weeks and I heard her talking about the baby to someone. She kept showing people her stomach and Ben came by the set a few times.

I don't really see why people care if a 'celebrity' has baby. How's it any different from your neighbor having a baby. I really don't give a rats ass about other peoples life. Ofcourse I wish for them to happy and everything but come on, this shouldn't be a news story.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.