kAudioSessionProperty_OverrideAudioRoute undeclared

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by pinyourwings22, Jun 13, 2011.

1. pinyourwings22 macrumors member

Alright so I've spent many hours searching on how to use AVAudioPlayer and AVAudioRecorder at the same time(audio player through the speaker), and I am continually pointed to this section of code:
    Code:
    UInt32 audioRouteOverride = kAudioSessionOverrideAudioRoute_Speaker;
        AudioSessionSetProperty (kAudioSessionProperty_OverrideAudioRoute,sizeof (audioRouteOverride),&audioRouteOverride);
    This is supposed to override the audioplayer source to the speaker, which makes perfect sense, but I cannot get xcode to recognize any form of kAudioSessionProperty_OverrideAudioRoute. I keep getting this error: "Use of undeclared identifier 'kAudioSessionOverrideAudioRoute_Speaker' "

I understand what the error is saying, but I what I don't understand is why it doesn't recognize the constant. Any thoughts?

2. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Simple question: Are you #include or #importing a .h file that is supposed to define it?

B

3. pinyourwings22, Jun 13, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2011

pinyourwings22 thread starter macrumors member

yeah I am: <AVFoundation/AVFoundation.h>

But it just now dawned on me to rightclick on kAudioSessionOverrideAudioRoute_Speaker and select 'Jump to Definition', and what do you know, it's in <AudioToolbox/AudioServices.h>

I don't know why I didn't think of that before because I knew it had to be declared somewhere. Thanks for the nudge :)