iPad KAVAJ leather cases

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by Tissie, Apr 16, 2012.

1. Tissie macrumors member

2. rgr555 macrumors 6502

The London looks great, hopefully metagamers reviews one

3. greg555 macrumors 6502a

Looks nice. I like the Berlin.

Wonder if it's really "real leather" or real "PU leather".

4. Tissie thread starter macrumors member

According to the website it is:

5. eg2007 macrumors 6502

Has anyone seen where these can be ordered or shipped to the USA? I emailed Kavaj, but haven't heard back yet.

6. gigaguy macrumors 65816

Pretty nice, designed like the orig iPad 1 Apple case, but in leather and high quality. I loved that design, but have since found disfavor with front bezel covering cases. These would be about $75 USD?

7. alamperti macrumors member

alamperti

Hi all, I've tested the KAVAJ Berlin. Found a nice case, quite cheap and well made. It seems there's a difference between iPad 2 (leather and PU leather) and iPad 3rd gen version (more expensive but full leather). Here is my KAVAJ Berlin review, Italian language only, sorry!

Ciao :)

Any idea where I can order it?

Thanks

9. greg555 macrumors 6502a

Nice review. Thanks. I can't read Italian but Google translate does a pretty good job: link

Greg

10. eg2007 macrumors 6502

Unavailable in the USA for now. Below is the response I received when I emailed them. Bummer.

-------------

Hi,*

Thanks for your E-Mail and your interest in our products.*

Unfortunately, the cases are not yet available in the USA. We keep you posted, once we will sell our cases in the US.

Best,
    Kai

11. Tissie thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the review :) It sure seems like a nice case, but the protection it offers may be limited.

12. alamperti macrumors member

alamperti

@Toddfather: it's currently available via Amazon european circuit (uk, de, it)
    @greg555: thanks for the translation link, my English was on sale (lite version) :)
    @Tissie: the Berlin cover is very thin and sleek, I confirm it offers basic protection only.

Ciao, Alex

13. bajaracing macrumors member

I sure wich I could buy a black London version. Best looking, functional business case I've seen yet!

14. greg555 macrumors 6502a

Video review of Berlin model here: youtube link.

Looks pretty sweet. I wish someone would sell them in North America.

15. andgosun macrumors newbie

Future release in process

These will be available the end of November. Preorder now thru Amazon. I like that it is Genuine Leather and keeps the slim lines of the ipad mini. I will post when I get my hands on one and get to put it to actual use.:)

16. jacoder macrumors member

jacoder

17. BigHonkingDeal macrumors 6502a

BigHonkingDeal

18. i-sidd macrumors 6502a

How sturdy is this case. I am trying to decide between the switcheasy Canvas and this one.

Can anyone offer some insights? which is lighter?

19. clborden macrumors regular

clborden

I too am curious how sturdy this case is. Also, how's the fit?

20. glen e macrumors 68030

This is a case constructed like the Sena case, it is super sturdy but I don't expect it to be - it's a "special occasion case" for business meetings et al. I love the color. Nice case. Need to lose the logo on the front.

21. rtr1985 macrumors 6502

How is the ipad version? Do the borders stay down when the iPad is pushed in there?

22. CD3660 macrumors 68040

CD3660

I have the Kavaj Hamburg for my iPad 3 and it is a stunning case. Beautiful case, superb fit, and multifunctional as well. I would highly recommend it for the full sized iPad.

However, I cannot say the same for the Kavaj Berlin for the iPad Mini. I have the black case on the white iPad Mini. It is ill-fitting and does not display the bezel in an even way. I'm sending it back. I'm very disappointed in view of my very positive experience with the Kavaj Hamburg.

23. iBrody macrumors 6502

How sturdy is it when using the leather strip stand on an uneven surface, say when watching movies in bed?

I have just received the Berlin for the iPad 3/4 as I assumed that I would not need the Hamburg's leather strip stand as it looks like it will only keep the iPad up when using on a flat surface; is this the case with the Hamburg? If not, then I may swap it out.

I am happy with the Berlin, but it isn't 100% stable when watching movies in bed due to the narrowness of the stand (although I have to say it is wider and more stable than the smart cover).