Kawasaki 250R: If you had to choose

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by ironjaw, Apr 27, 2008.

?

What colour would you choose?

1. Lime Green

15 vote(s)
    51.7%
  2. Ebony (Black)

14 vote(s)
    48.3%
  1. ironjaw macrumors 6502

I'm in Denmark, and the Kawasaki 250R (2008) is only available in two colours:

Lime Green and Ebony (black)

I'm having difficulty choosing because, the green is a bit too flashy and the black is too boring. I love the candy blue but I think its not available in Europe:mad:

If you had to choose, which colour would you go for?

Attached Files:

2. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

i just got the green.

if anything might help to be flashy so cars will notice you easier

i do like the blue alot too, but the green looked really nice in person

are they fuel injected over there? i know in the US they are carberated

3. mr.light macrumors 6502

My Brother got the green. He seems to think there should be no other option. Must admit it looks good.

4. ironjaw thread starter macrumors 6502

Exactly, I was thinking the same thing. One of my friends told not to get a black one.

We have an awful problem here of alot of motorbike accidents caused by car drivers as they fail to notice the bikes - and it always happens to alot of black motorbike drivers especially at night.

5. drinkingmymilk macrumors newbie

I just bought green yesterday, pick it up thursday :D

Black while being hard to see is also impossible to keep clean.

6. ironjaw thread starter macrumors 6502

I would like to have the blue, but I saw some "in the wild" pictures of the blue and green next to each other and the blue did not look good.

The bikes are fuel injected, what is the difference if you don't mind me aksing :D

If I go for the green the only problem I'm going to have is that everyone will be thinking that I work fro Green Box (a courier service). They are all over the place in the city :D

Congratuations, I think I already said that to you in another post:D

I've heard that there is an issue with the sound of the motorbike (the exhaust) that it sounds like a moped. Check out Youtube. What's your opinion?

7. ironjaw thread starter macrumors 6502

8. drinkingmymilk macrumors newbie

I think it sounds like a blender. But I will be putting a new can on soon after break in.

9. blackalero3400 macrumors newbie

250r

I like the green! I was curious how you guys liked these still? People at work tell me to start off with a 600cc at least... but I'm a light guy 5'10" 140#s I wanted what you guys thought. Highway speeds aswell...

Thanks

10. Jhanson09 macrumors regular

agreed get 600cc bike at the very least.

11. UltraNEO* macrumors 601

UltraNEO*

I'd go for the lime green but then again that's my favourite colour :):)

Then again I'd personally choose a larger bike if the insurance is still affordable... Just sound and feel better.

12. ryan macrumors 6502

Disagree. A 600cc sport bike is not a very good choice for a first bike. Buy a used a 250cc to start with, if you're still riding after 12-18 months you can sell it (for probably close to what you paid for it) and then you can move onto something larger.

13. bearbear macrumors regular

Do not get a 600SS to learn on, that is a terrible idea. Depending on your weight though and if you will be doing a lot of highway riding, the 500r may be a better choice.

14. blackalero3400 macrumors newbie

Only 140 lbs.

Thanks

15. drinkingmymilk macrumors newbie

Wow, I had forgot all about this forum until I got an email about this thread.

Stay away for a ss on your first bike. People will tell you, you will be fine a million times over because they did it or there brothers uncles cousins aunt did it and she was fine. They are the exception. Statistics show your much less likely to get hurt starting on something smaller.

There is no shame in the 250r, I loved mine. Wish I could of kept it. Last summer I put 5,201 miles on it before I sold it to a punk in NYC that totaled it.

They are awesome bikes, I weigh 175 and am 5'10" sure it was a little cramped but for a summer it was fine. Remember it's your first bike, not your last.

In March I picked up my second bike, the skills I learned on the 250 have kept me a live to this day. Unlike a ss, a 250 teaches you to carry speed in a corner and be aware of whats around you much more. If your not paying attention on a 600 and a truck comes barreling at your back you punch it and are out of the way. On the 250 you need to be aware that there could be a truck barreling at you. When I the highway, let the other person in your lane, don't pin it and expect to be able to cut them off. A 250 is still faster accelerating the 90% of the cars on the road but its better to be safe then preform a fly by and scare some moron who wasn't looking in the first place.

When hitting twisties with friends on a 600, you will be able to keep up once you learn to carry your speed. Body position means everything. Read Twist of the wrist vol. 1 & 2.

Like I said, I wish I could of kept mine but I do a ton of 2-up riding and that's where the 250 really died. In your first season, you shouldn't be doing any 2-up though, so it shouldn't be a big deal. Buy a used one, ride it, sell it for what you paid for it and move on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mzp_TboNOSE