KB/MB=Minute Usage

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by thisisarcadia, Apr 8, 2009.

1. thisisarcadia macrumors 6502

recently i received my bill for my phone and it said i used over 1,200,000 kb of data and i used about 600 minutes of call time. I believe the data but the call time was ridiculous! i probably used about 60 minutes that whole month. My question is does data usage run up call time minutes? Thanks for your help.

2. megamanbnmaster macrumors 6502

No. KB/MB =/= Minute Usage. 1.2 Gigs sound normal for an iPhone usage per month, but 60 minutes sound VERY low. You would really only talk for an hour on the phone a month?

600 Minutes sounds reasonable if it includes Night and Weekends and M2M minutes.

I'm also not sure about AT&T (just became a customer today) but w/ T-Mobile every time you connect that is 1 minute off. so even a 2 second conversation = 1 minute.

3. nicheco macrumors member

man, mine's gotta be something stupid like that. i think i'll check the bill next month...

4. PoitNarf macrumors 65816

PoitNarf

Yes, there are many months where I am right around just an hour of talk time. If they offered a 200 minute per month plan I would gladly take it.

5. FearNo1 macrumors 6502a

Really, that is the average? Where did u get that stat from? It seems as if most apps use very little data, e.g. text and small pics. Even it there is video, it will be highly compressed. The max amount of data that can be downloaded monthly from at+t's "unlimited data plan" :)rolleyes:) is 5gb..rite?

6. Aaleck macrumors 6502a

Aaleck

Nope, it's seperate... anyone else use your phone? girlfriend perhaps?

7. thisisarcadia thread starter macrumors 6502

nope i barely call people i mainly text, but i guess the little 30 sec calls add up :p

8. megamanbnmaster macrumors 6502

Well, I guess it depends on the person. Like I use pandora radio a lot and even though it's compressed, songs add up to around 30-40mb a day for me. Then all these websites images and stuff, it actually goes up pretty fast.

Can anyone confirm that 1 second is a minute of talk time in terms of AT&T? I know for sure that in T-Mobile connecting for even 1 second counts as a minute off.

9. Guiyon macrumors 6502a

Yep, AT&T rounds up to the nearest minute, just like every one of the damned cell phone companies.