kbd process running amok.

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by SnakeXs, Jul 30, 2013.

1. SnakeXs macrumors member

I'm not sure when exactly it started happening, but around beta 2 or 3 I noticed that regular non gaming use would get my iPhone 5 hot, and battery life transcended general beta thresholds into something really awful.

I started poking around logs and Xcode tools and Activity Monitor shows the process "kbd", which I can only assume is the keyboard daemon, pegged at 100% CPU more or less. It fluctuates during standby for the most part, and if it does settle down it fires right back up once I unlock the phone.

Back with b3 I tried restoring to no avail. I hoped b4 would solve the issue but alas, no luck there.

Does anyone have any clue what could be riling up kbd and how to calm it down?

2. Jare macrumors 65816

Jare

3. SnakeXs thread starter macrumors member

Whilst iCloud was deleted it went away, but logging back in brought it right back. At least I know the issue is somehow tied to iCloud, I guess.

Any further advice?

4. Jare macrumors 65816

Jare

Try disabling in iCloud Safari and iCloud Keychain (if enabled) and tell me if it still persists.

5. SnakeXs thread starter macrumors member

No effect. I then slowly turned off each iCloud service one by one, and much to my chagrin kbd is still going to town.

6. Jare macrumors 65816

Jare

My advice at this point would be a fresh install, and during the setup process DO NOT add iCloud. Once you can actually touch the settings of your phone after the initial setup screen, add your iCloud account.

7. SnakeXs thread starter macrumors member

K I've singled it out to Documents & Data. Much slower and more thorough look at everything.

Now the question is how do I alleviate it.

8. Jare macrumors 65816

Jare

I'd be able to tell you if I could see the logs, but right now what I'd do is check for apps that actually use Documents & Data in iCloud and 1 by 1 remove them until you find the issue.