Keep 3GS phone as a touch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by glen e, Jun 24, 2010.

1. glen e macrumors 68030

I'm in a quandary as to what to do with my 3gs phone. Now that I have transferred the phone # to the 4, it is effectively a WiFi iTouch. But do I need an iTouch? I have a classic ipod for the boat/car. So I'm wondering what I need an iTouch for? It is a bit smaller and gets internet in hotspots but dunno. Am I missing any huge reasons to keep the 3gs (now a touch) before I sell it?

2. markojug macrumors regular

Well, you might as well keep your 3GS because it does everything that an iPod touch would do right now, except for the camera :p

If your 3GS is fine, keep it and use it as your iPod.

My two cents

3. broncopde macrumors 6502

Definitely sell it. Sounds like you will be perfectly fine with your 4 and Classic, especially with the 4 having a better battery now and not having to worry about that so much.

4. Airforcekid macrumors 65816

Airforcekid

5. IJBrekke macrumors 6502

To a man/woman, every single one of my friends and family are giving their older iPhones to another friend or family member that doesn't have one. Granted they're all 3g's which are a little older and not worth as much, but still.

If you've got somebody close that could really appreciate it, then help grow the Apple family :)

6. liamkp macrumors 68020

liamkp

You should probably sell it, cause the iPhone 4 will function just as well too.

7. sl1200mk2 macrumors 6502

I can think of about 250 reasons, because if you look at Ebay the 3GS is easily selling for $225-250 in good shape. I'd Ebay it in a heartbeat! I sold mine for $175, but to a good friend.

Personally, I don't see the reason for a touch if you have an iphone. I'd sell it, pick up a Nano if you want something really portable or for the gym and pocket the cash.

8. liamkp macrumors 68020

liamkp

9. glen e thread starter macrumors 68030

Thanks guys, I concur - tou much overlap to keep - just sold it on ebay for $250.00

10. liamkp macrumors 68020

liamkp

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet! :)