Keep apps running with lid closed?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by peejer, Jan 19, 2008.

1. peejer macrumors member

Hello All,

Let's say I am running a program and I want the program to continue playing even when the lid is down on my MBP (OSX 10.4.11).

My example is this, I need to run a slide show and I want it to loop, however I don't want to keep the computer open when I do this as I will be at a trade show.

I am sure this is a simple question but haven't been able to figure it out.

Thanks in advance.
    PJ

2. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

3. Blubbert macrumors 6502

If im understanding you correctly here, you will be having a secondary screen plugged into your laptop. If that is the case, the computer will stay usable while the second monitor is plugged in.

4. peejer thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for some replies so quickly.

1) Psychofreak: while the name "psychofreak" carries with it some slight misgivings :) I'll check out the program you mentioned.

2) Blubbert: You are correct. The 2nd screen is actually a 25" tv. I did this last year and whenever I shut the screen the slide show stopped. So I had to put the laptop under a table with the lid open and hoped like heck nothing happened to it.

Again thanks for the quick replies.

PJ

5. theman macrumors 6502a

if you close the screen and then attach a usb or firewire device (or maybe even the secondary screen) it will wake up from sleep with the lid closed. you can then just use it normally.