Keep Both or Delete One?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ipodlover77, Aug 2, 2009.

1. ipodlover77 macrumors 65816

ipodlover77

Hey guys, quick question. This isn't another thread about "iwork vs. office". Im planning to purchase office today and i already have works 08 installed on my laptop. I have the new uMBP 13inch with only 160gig hard drive. Should I keep both or should i delete one and just reinstall when i need it later? I just dont want to use too much memory on my mac (i dont even download pictures or songs).

2. Erendiox macrumors 6502a

Erendiox

Generally applications don't take up too much space in comparison to media files. If it's useful to you to have both iWork and MS Office installed at the same time, then it's definitely fine to leave both.

3. techfreak85 macrumors 68040

techfreak85

4. ipodlover77 thread starter macrumors 65816

ipodlover77

hmmm, thanks guys.
    im going into my sophomore year and iworks caused alot of problems because of the lack of power point (that and the computers at the college were mostly all dells). Just curious but what purpose would iworks serve?

5. Erendiox macrumors 6502a

Erendiox

iWork is basically apple's version of Microsoft Office. If you need direct compatibility with computers at school, don't expect iWork to provide that. From my experience thus far, the iWork programs are great and easy to use (designed by apple) but if you need powerpoint compatibility, you might be better off running MS Office.

6. ipodlover77 thread starter macrumors 65816

ipodlover77

thanks, i guess the best decision would be to have both just in case.
    i've deleted some "office" episodes so hopefully i'll have the same amount of memory after office 2008 install lol

7. Emmadw macrumors newbie

Alternatively, don't forget that Google Docs will open, edit & save presentations as ppt (though NOT pptx - Office 2007's native format).