iPhone Keep buggy jailbroken 5 or upgrade to 5s?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by derrick2005, Oct 29, 2013.

1. derrick2005 macrumors regular

I have a jailbroken iPhone 5 but for the past few weeks I have not been able to get App Store to work, either on the phone or through iTunes - meaning I can't get new apps or update old ones. I have delete mobile substrate and "started over" but that didn't fix the issue so I'm really leaning toward getting the 5s.

The things I love about the jailbreak are intelliscreenx, typing indicator and fakeclockup.

How crazy will I go without them? How much better would a 5s with a working app store be?

Really wanted to hear some opinions on this.

2. HankHowdy macrumors 68040

HankHowdy

Have you tried running iLex RAT? A great way to start over and have a fresh phone.

3. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

If iTunes on your computer isn't able to connect to the AppStore, then that means the issue is not with the phone but most likely the network you're connected to

Can you access the AppStore on your phone when connected to a wifi from another place? (Library, work, college campus, etc)

Are you sure your router/network isn't blocking specific ports/ip addresses/etc?

How crazy you would go depends on how much you use those tweaks on a daily basis and how attached you are the experience enhancement they provide you

4. derrick2005 thread starter macrumors regular

I've tried connecting to update the apps on lte, andfrom my work wifi, I just cannot get the apps to update! My wife has no problem on her phone (not jailborken)

5. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

is there an error message when you try to update your apps? does it let you download new apps?

6. derrick2005 thread starter macrumors regular

In App Store pressing update does nothing. Can't download new apps. Same on iTunes.

7. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

is the update/install button grayed out?

by itunes, do you mean the itunes app or the itunes on the computer?

8. derrick2005 thread starter macrumors regular