Keep cMBP clean?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by cammykool, Aug 4, 2013.

1. cammykool macrumors regular

ever since getting my MBP it has been progressively getting dirtier and i dont want to start school with a filthy macbook so how in the world does one keep these clean? just a computer cleaning kit? a lightly wetted rag? please help!
    Thanks

2. duervo macrumors 68020

duervo

I use a little spray bottle with just water in it to spray the soft cloth that came with my system, then wipe it clean with that. I've done the same thing with the early-2008 my wife is using now, and that one still looks like new (even still have the original box for it! Stumbled across it in the storage shed a few weeks ago.)

Just don't wet the cloth too much. It should be damp enough to remove smudges and dirt, but not so damp as to leave droplets of water behind.

3. cammykool thread starter macrumors regular

my friend robert recomended the cloth... i bought mine used so i dont have it i have everything but.

4. GermanyChris macrumors 601

GermanyChris

I use windex and a paper towel..spray the windex on the paper towel and wipe. It's aluminum and plastic not a precious jewel.

5. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Apple also gives instructions on how to clean your Mac in the User Guides for the MBA, MBP and iMac:
    Also, you'll find plenty of suggestions by searching through the many existing threads on this topic, such as these: