Keep Current 24 NEC LCD or Purchase Apple 24 LED?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by omegasyn, Jan 24, 2009.

1. omegasyn macrumors regular

My current dilemma is rather I should sell my NEC 2490 wuxi-bk monitor or sell it and purchase the new Apple 24 LED?

The main intuition on the cinema 24 led are the built in power mag, usb, and display ports on display but that is not to say that my current setup is anything but lackluster.

I wonder if I could flip this neck 2490 wuxi-bk for a good price because I purchase the monitor 5 months ago for $1099 and with this economy, selling a monitor like this could get tedious.

P.S. I am not a designer or photo editor but just enjoy sitting behind a quality panel that is H-IPS and no less.

2. bbadalucco macrumors 6502

I'm assuming you have one of the new macbooks/pro. I just got one of the new LED Displays. The monitor itself is nothing special, just a glossy monitor. That said, the USB port on the back and the power adapter are nice in helping keep clutter to a minimum. I'd say if you need a monitor to go with the laptop, get the new ACD to help reduce clutter

3. Andrmgic macrumors 6502a

Unless you need the speakers or webcam, I don't really see a reason to sell off that amazing NEC display for the LED cinema display.

The apple display is surely nice, I recently had one and returned it due to pixel issues, but I'm definitely going to get another one.. beautiful monitor.. but that NEC is a fantastic display, I don't see much reason to get rid of it in favor of the apple one.

4. nanofrog macrumors G4

You're considering selling a professional monitor for a consumer monitor? :eek:

Keep the NEC. ;)

5. brentsg macrumors 68040

The NEC is nice but I'd rather have the 24. For those of us not doing critical graphic work the extra bit of accuracy it yields is wasted. Meanwhile, I prefer the LED backlight, magsafe adapter, and the speakers....

Plus I hate the effect that the anti-glare surfaces give to whites.