Keep disabling all emails, and the forum STILL sends me them...

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by confusedpurple, Dec 15, 2018.

1. confusedpurple macrumors newbie

I'm not sure what else to do here, I've disabled all emails so many times now, yet every time someone replies to a post I make, I get notified.

Even now the "and receive email notifications" box on this post is disabled, but I know if anyone replies, I'm getting an email.

Please could you have a look at my account and the 'disable all emails' link in the footer of every email, which I click every time followed by the 'Update settings' button on the page it takes you to.

2. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

3. confusedpurple thread starter macrumors newbie

Already got that one unchecked :/ Really bizarre, I can't see anything else in the account that'd be causing it

4. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

5. annk Administrator

annk

Staff Member

I just checked your profile - you've activated "Watch threads when creating or replying". This could be causing it - would you like me to turn that off?

6. confusedpurple thread starter macrumors newbie

If you could that'd be great, it's driving me potty :D

7. annk Administrator

annk

Staff Member

Ok, it's done now. If you continue to get emails/notifications, use the link in @Weaselboy's post number 4 and we'll take it to the next level.

8. confusedpurple thread starter macrumors newbie

Think that's fixed it - didn't get any notification for your reply :) Thanks for sorting that @annk