keep finsing my laptop powered on even after powering it down

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Sossity, Feb 26, 2017.

1. Sossity macrumors 65816

This has happened two times now, I power down my laptop, put it in my backpack, only to get it out a day or two later and find it powered on again when I open it up, even thought I did not turn it on. Odd thing too, all the current pages and windows are right there where I lift them off in class, it is like I never shut it off.

what might be causing this? I have a keyboard cover, and a hard case on it.

2. keysofanxiety macrumors G3

keysofanxiety

If you have the 2016 MBP, it automatically turns on when you open the screen if there is enough battery. Otherwise please can you confirm what model laptop you have?

3. Sossity thread starter macrumors 65816

It is a mid 2011 11 inch macbook air running 10.9.5

On another note, I have also noticed that my battery has suddenly gone from about 80% something percent to about 58% capacity, and it has about 500 cycles on it.

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Regardless of the # of cycles, it is a 6 year old battery, I have low cycles on my 2012 MBP and it needs replacing

5. Sanpete macrumors 68020

Might help to put this in the MBA forum. They might know if this is a common issue for that model.

6. Sossity thread starter macrumors 65816

ok, will do that

7. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

And make sure you haven't set a schedule for it to automatically wake. It'll be in the Energy Saver control pane.