Keep Flappy Bird while restoring iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by AustinMarra, Mar 5, 2014.

1. AustinMarra macrumors newbie

I want to sell an iPhone 5 that I have but Id like to restore it first. The phone has the Flappy Bird app. How can I restore the phone but keep the app?

2. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

transfer the purchase from your device into your computers itunes and sync. when you get your new device, you can restore it back.

3. iAmirul macrumors regular

iAmirul

or you can go to the App Store app -> Updates -> Purchased then download it straight from your device

4. C DM macrumors Westmere

That's generally the easier way of going about it.

5. apunkrockmonk macrumors 6502a

apunkrockmonk

Re-downloading it from the App Store is not an option.... the developer pulled the App some time ago...

Your only shot is following dictoresno's advise and attempting to get it into your iTunes library so you can sync it back onto your new phone once the time comes.

6. C DM macrumors Westmere

If you already downloaded it before it will be in your purchased list of items and you can still download and install it (despite the app not being listed in the App Store itself).

7. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

Just because the app was pulled doesn't mean that you can't redownload it,I've had apps that were pulled from the App Store years ago that I can still redownload since I got them before they were pulled. The only problem with trying to sell a phone with it on it is that you would have to leave your Appleid associated with the phone.