Keep getting a red Update Badge on App Store, but no updates available... Argh!?!?1

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by getyup, Jul 10, 2011.

1. getyup macrumors 6502

So ever since I jail broke, I've been getting the red badge saying I have 1 update available for download on the App Store. But then when I click it, it goes into it and says No Updates Available... and the badge disappears. Then whenever I respiring or reboot or the device locks and sits for a bit, it re-appears. Any idea what's going on and how I can rid myself of the annoyance short of sending my iPad to the "Will it blend?" studio? hehehe

Thanks as always!

2. DS3 macrumors 6502a

Cant help you there, but while there is an update badge thread up I have a slightly different problem with them.

I turned off all update badges on non-apple apps (where you have the option) and I still get them on some =\ I dont know why that little number bothers me, but it does.

3. getyup thread starter macrumors 6502

Can't help but u replied? hehe

4. DS3 macrumors 6502a

Piggybacking a question onto a very similar thread instead of making a new one is not exactly unusual, lol.

5. getyup thread starter macrumors 6502

I know, I was just giving a hard time, when my computer dings saying I have a reply I salivate thinking my issue will be solved, hehe

6. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

I think both problems may have to do with having apps that you installed through installous. If that is the case, it's against the rules of this forum to help you. If not, keep talking, maybe someone will have an answer. ;)

7. DS3 macrumors 6502a

Nope, I've had stitcher for months. And the other one is free.

edit: stitcher is free too heh.

8. getyup thread starter macrumors 6502

I haven't even installed Installous. I have all my apps installed via app store like they always have been, then when i jail broke i think something happened. Isn't there a way to reset the App Store App's cache somewhere to clear it's memory out? I think I had this issue on my iPhone last year... just can't remember the way i fixed.

9. getyup thread starter macrumors 6502

What's stitcher?

10. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Okay. Do you have apps on your iPad that were purchased with different iTunes accounts?

11. getyup thread starter macrumors 6502

No, the only thing I can say that might be slightly anomalous is that this seemed to begin when I copied a bunch of apps to my device from my desktop that I had previously removed to save space, and i think a couple had been updated between when i copied and when i moved them back, which in retrospect probably wasn't the best idea.... that's when it began but since they all work and have been fine. Should i delete the app store plist file to try and get it to reset or is that not advisable? That's why i kinda thought deleting the pref file might reset things under the hood.

12. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Did you try updating the apps from iTunes on your computer.

13. getyup thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah thats what I was trying to express, but failed to do so, lol. I deleted everything off and added them from the computer. Don't really want to restore the iPad... ugh.

14. DS3 macrumors 6502a

Just one of the apps that I couldnt get rid of the badges for. Its for streaming podcasts rather than downloading them from itunes.

15. getyup thread starter macrumors 6502

Ok found the culprit ... It's NoLockScreen Cydia Add-on... I have ZERO clue as to why, but I uninstalled the cydia add ons one by one just as a trial before doing a total restore, and as soon as I uninstalled nolockscreen the badge went away. I reinstalled it, and back the badge came.

Strange huh? Well at least the issue is resolved, I just can't have no-lock-screen I suppose, haha