Keep getting prompted for a password in Safari!!!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by rayjay86, Apr 3, 2012.

1. rayjay86 macrumors 6502

Hi guys,

I've tried to recreate this problem but it seems to be so random! It will happen when I try and log into Facebook AT LEAST once a day (usually in the evening).

Sometimes it will also happen with google. I've got omni search bar installed so when I try and type a search term into the address bar in safari I get a similar prompt for password but with Newcastle 443. I don't even know what this Newcastle thing is!

Someone please help me. The two shots below are what I am getting right now. The second one which is a picture of my "top sites" in Safari shows what happened when I clicked on my Facebook bookmark.

Any help would be appreciated. My current solution is to just wait it out...but when this happens to me with Google it's a huge pain because it's usually when I'm doing homework and I need to search things. I end up resorted to Yahoo in that case.

Nb. I don't only search google through the omnibar extension. I try and go to www.google.com and I still get the error, this is occasionally though. The Facebook one happens regularly.

Attached Files:

2. fruitycups macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted

Some times this happens for a couple website. I have to log in everytime with my school website too