Keep GoPhone Number on New ATT account?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Freedomflyer, Jul 1, 2008.

1. Freedomflyer macrumors newbie

Hey everyone...i've decided to take the proverbial plunge to the iPhone 3G under one condition: that I can keep my current goPhone number....

Now...I don't know how i'd be able to keep the number but could anyone tell me how/if I can keep my old number? I realllly don't want to change numbers...
    thanks!

2. southsyde4eva macrumors newbie

Yes

Years ago when I switched from a AT&T GoPhone (pre-paid) to a regular (post-paid) plan, I was able to keep my same number without any problems. I would assume this is still possible today.

3. Freedomflyer thread starter macrumors newbie

the problem is, though, that this is AT&T REVAMPED (read: crappy) and the iPhone always seems to have odd rules...
    thanks for the insight...anyone else have any answers?

4. aerospace macrumors 6502a

...the better question is what will they charge you to get the new phone.

Are you a new customer since your signing a contract now, or a ineligible upgrader?

5. southsyde4eva macrumors newbie

Maybe I should have been a little clearer as to how many years ago my switch was. It was only ~3 yrs ago, not that long ago. Although I already had an AT&T number I was treated as a new customer (credit check, porting my existing number, and I would have had to pay a deposit if it had been required.)

Things may have changed, though (which I doubt). YMMV