Keep iMac 27" or purchase MBP 15"

Discussion in 'iMac' started by AceofJs, Jan 11, 2013.

1. AceofJs macrumors member

I ordered a iMac 27" base model on the 10th Dec but still havent got a shipping date it just says January so i'm starting to get impatient so instead i was thinking should i order a MBP 15" Base and possibly up grade to a 750GB HDD

I initially ordered the 27 inch to replace my 2009 Macbook but ive always wanted a iMac so that made my decision but now im having second thoughts as to wether i want portability as i will be giving this Macbook to my mother.

2. WrrN macrumors regular

WrrN

It's all a matter of what you need for your particular usage. You opted for an iMac, so just have patience.

I changed from a MBP to the new 27" because screen real estate is more important to me now than portability. I'm very happy with my decision, and I waited for the new iMac since the rumors were flying June of last year!

3. ILDeere macrumors newbie

I agree.

Im in the same boat... waiting also for mine ordered in Dec. Considering switching to rMBP.

not knowing when is hard part.

4. hacke macrumors member

I also have a MacBook Pro 2009 and just delivered the new iMac 2012 and I think it's a great combination! I still use my macbook for web browsing and mobile use and the new iMac for gaming, watching TV, photo editing and more demanding programs. Honestly, I'm still not sure if it was the right thing but I know I would not be happy if I had replaced my MBP with a new rMBP. For me it was more the question "do I really need the extra screen and high resolution?" and I would say Yes ;)

5. AceofJs thread starter macrumors member

have you recieved you iMac yet? in a way you are right plus i dont want to have any regrets later on by not sticking with it

Tell me about it, seeing americans who ordered after me receiving/orders being shipped is frustrating also

6. WrrN macrumors regular

WrrN

Yes, I have it already. I ordered within the first 3 minutes of being on the Apple store. The large screen is really useful.

7. AceofJs thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the opinion i think i will stick with it tbh, i also iPad Mini so if i keep my iMac i will get more use from it as i hardly used the thing since i brought it as my Macbook is just arms reach away lol