iPad Keep ipad 4 with image retention or go back to ipad 3 without it?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by thadoggfather, Feb 21, 2013.

?

So what would you do?

1. Keep ipad 4 and sell ipad 3

4 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. Return ipad 4 and go back to ipad 3

6 vote(s)
    60.0%
  1. thadoggfather, Feb 21, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2013

thadoggfather macrumors 604

thadoggfather

I think I have an lg display ipad 4 seeing as how it's most if not all of the screens in ipad 4 and I ran that test in another thread and noticed image retention. Not sure i would notice it but now that I know I have it I noticed status bar faintly burnt in on a grey sky background in landscape mode along the edge.

In general I'm not sure I'd notice. I held onto my light leak blasted ipad 2 because the colors were good and I didn't want to play the swap game. For all I know, it could have had IR too but I might not have noticed without looking for it. On a laptop it would have to go back because I keep windows open forever sometimes.

I'm really enjoying ipad 4 power and its my second one. The first was so dull and red that it was unbearable. The speed increase is nice and so is lightning port

I think my ipad3 is Sharp either that or a great rare Samsung but either way its really nice and does not have image retention. BUT side by side I think my ipad 4 beats my ipad 3 in color pop/saturation and black levels. It almost looks like on its own ipad 4 has plasma-y appearance.

My ipad3 a June made DY serial number and I lucked out after having too many multiple tint stinkers. I played the swap game on ipad 3 more so than any product ever.

The only thing is color shift is more noticeable on my 4 when tilting it at different angles and the text seems a bit rougher/not as smoothed out as my ipad 3 but its not like its terrible and it looks a bit crisper almost at the same time. The 4 seems appreciably brighter at lower levels which is good for battery it but the 3 has easier and brighter visibility outdoors and in less than ideal lighting areas

So if you were me what would you do? I'm not gonna do the swap game for ipad 4.

2. Giuly, Feb 21, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2013

Giuly macrumors 68040

Giuly

3. thadoggfather, Feb 22, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2013

thadoggfather thread starter macrumors 604

thadoggfather

What is fiant refurbii?

Surprised by how many people are saying return the iPad4.

The image retention is very slight, FWIW. Not sure if it'll get worse over time or not though, and not sure I'd notice it besides status bar burn-in against a landscape background with grey-ish as a color off the the edges.

It bothers me on an OCD-now-know-it, level. But if I can't sell my iPad3 for a reasonable price, the decision will be made anyways (regardless whether the 4 had IR or no-IR).

4. Tsepz macrumors 65816

Tsepz

What test from another thread did you run? Would like to do the same with my iPad4.

Btw, I'd say what Jeremy Clarkson always says "POOOOOWERRR!!" Keep the 4, steel the 3! :D

5. thadoggfather, Feb 22, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2013

thadoggfather thread starter macrumors 604

thadoggfather