Keep iPhone 6 flat with thin strip on back?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by dmk1974, Nov 5, 2014.

1. dmk1974 macrumors 68000

dmk1974

I just got my iPhone 6 and do not want to use a case. I put a skin on it mainly for better grip. I like to text 1-handed which is also why I don't want to add any width to the iPhone 6.

It is annoying that when I lay it on it's back, the protrudine camera props it up on that one corner. Hopefully this doesn't lead to any slight bending in the future. But I was thinking...maybe I could find a thin clear piece of plastic (or other soft material...heck, even a foam or velcro) that is at least 1" wide, 3" long, and the thickness (or just past) of the camera and stick it to the back. That way, when laying down onto a table on it's back, it will not contact the camera.

It also would not interfere with 1-handed use since my hand only contacts the side edges and not the back when holding. Seem to chincy? Or any other creative solutions to have a mimimalistic protection for the back? It would also make it easier to pick up from a table since the edges would be raised even slightly.

2. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Go to your local kitchen supplier and see if they have silicon pads used on kitchen doors without soft closers. Or hop on ebay

Attached Files:

3. dmk1974 thread starter macrumors 68000

dmk1974

Good idea! I had actually done that years ago with iPad 1 placing those in each corner.