Keep iPhone Music Player playing in background

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by huyrich, Feb 28, 2012.

1. huyrich macrumors newbie

Is pressing play in the task switcher control (at the bottom) the only way to keep the music player playing in background?

If I click on the Music player icon in the dock and play something, then press the home button (or open any app that causes the focus to shift away from the music player), the music stops right away. Is this happening to everyone or is there a hidden setting that I don't know of?

TIA

2. mstrze macrumors 68000

My music keeps playing when I shift to other Apps...even ones that produce sound. It does turn off if I go to YouTube and choose to play a video, but plays the music in the background as I search. I'm not sure why yours wouldn't. Have you looked through your settings?

EDIT: I have a 4s if this means anything, but I believe my 3G behaved the same way.

3. huyrich thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah I did, and found nothing related to that.
    I jailbroke mine btw, and installed a bunch of tweaks, probably something was conflicting. If anyone has the same problem and figured out which tweak causes this, please let me know. Thanks.

4. mstrze macrumors 68000

5. nate13 macrumors 6502

nate13

yep. restore to default. features will work. :rolleyes: