Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cjldrumz238

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 22, 2006
I recently just relocated my itunes library to my external and when i changed the setting for it in the Advanced settings in itunes this message poped up saying something to the affect of "would you like Itunes to organize you music folder? via the "keep itunes music folder organized" preference. Now i realized that i made a big mistake because when it finished i realized that itunes had just renamed about 200 of my songs. Completly renaming the artist, album and genre info for certain songs. Please someone help me to find a way to UNDO this setting back to the way i had it. because i had everysingle one of my songs organized to the way i wanted them. please help thanks
-chris

ExileinBlonde

macrumors member
Mar 21, 2006
Open iTunes, go into Preferences, click the Advanced tab, you will see a checkbox with the option to keep your iTunes library organized.
I don't think you can automatically get the songs you already organized back without having to do it manually. Good Luck, I hope this helps! :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.