Keep jailbroken iPad 2 or upgrade to iOS 5?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by brando06, Oct 7, 2011.

1. Avon4447 macrumors newbie

2. brando06 thread starter macrumors regular

I am strongly moving towards no jb as well

3. Rubo Draco macrumors regular

if there is no new feature on iOS 5 that you will miss if you don't upgrade your device, then I recommend not to do it.

4. henry72, Oct 8, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2011

henry72 macrumors 65816

henry72

I reckon iOS 5. I'd NEVER "JB" any of my iOS devices. Make it simple and you would enjoy it more than what you used to be :)

PS: iOS 5 can update the software without having to plug it to iTunes, this is a very nice feature and you can use this feature ONLY if you iDevices are not Jailborken ;) + use can use iCloud NOW!

5. Mac.World macrumors 68000

Mac.World

If they have a jailbreak for iOS 5 I'll upgrade. If not, I'll wait. Too many essential mods via Cydia I can not do without!

6. brando06 thread starter macrumors regular

What are the mods that you can't live without?

7. erawsd macrumors 6502

I'm going to stick with my jailbreak for now. I'm not seeing any must have iOS5 features for the iPad -- most of it is just watered down versions of features I already have. Then, the most interesting stuff (Siri & Geofencing) aren't coming to the iPad anyway.

8. porcupine8 macrumors 6502a

I'll be waiting at least a few months, though I may eventually give in if a JB for 5 doesn't happen. But there are a few tweaks like Dimmer and some activator stuff that make my life so much easier. I spend most of my day (and night) with the iPad in one hand and a baby in the other, so little changes make a big difference.