Keep loosing right-click, Dock and Hover-over states - have to re-start to fix. :(

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by rmwebs, Mar 29, 2012.

1. rmwebs macrumors 68040

A couple of days ago my Mac Pro started acting up. It seems to be getting these symptoms at random and the only fix is to restart.

Basically it becomes almost unresponsive. Right click stops working, and hover over stops working. E.g if I click the Apple in the corner and hover over menu items, you expect it to go blue and the cursor to change to a hand - that doesnt happen. It stays on its default state.

The dock also goes weird. I have it set to hidden and can make it re-appear as usual but if I move the mouse over different icons, it wont change the text to say which icon it is, it stays over the originally hovered over icon. I cant right click or open apps at all from the dock.

The only way to resolve it is to reboot. I've not installed anything or changed my setup in any way.

Any ideas as to what this could be? I was trying to avoid having to format but I've yet to find anyone who's having or had a similar problem.

Any input would be appreciated :)

2. rmwebs thread starter macrumors 68040

Looks like I may have found a possible cause. I did the 10.7.3 combo update on top of my existing 10.7.3 update (which I can only assume was the non-combo update) and its not happened since. I'll report back if it does happen, if not I can only assume it was another cockup in the 10.7.3 update!

3. rmwebs thread starter macrumors 68040

Looks like I spoke too soon...it just happened again.

I cant believe its only me experiencing this :(