keep losing internet connection...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Trance, Dec 23, 2011.

1. Trance macrumors 6502

macbook pro 13' early 11 model. I've been losing my wired connection every 20 minutes or so, to restore the net I need to restart or power off and on my modem. anyone else having this issue? it started just a few days ago

2. 808? macrumors 6502a

More details needed:
    • What type of modem
    • What type of internet connection do you have
    • What version of OSX are you using

3. mgartner0622, Dec 23, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2011

mgartner0622 macrumors 65816

mgartner0622

If resetting your modem and not the Mac fixes it, I'd blame your modem as the most likely culprit.

The next time it goes out, just restart the Mac and see if that fixes it, if it doesn't, again I'd blame the modem.
    In that case, the first step I'd try is leaving it unplugged overnight to see if it resets it. Also check to see if it has a reset button instead of just unplugging it.

4. greenchiliman macrumors 6502

Ran into a bunch of issues with my connection on Uverse. Went to OpenDNS and eventually got a airport extreme base station because of the issues with the 2wire modem I was supplied. but yes, we need more details.

5. Trance thread starter macrumors 6502

the issue is with the laptop because my two other PC's internet works fine when my connect gets stuck or goes out.

I'm running Lion Version 10.7.2
    cable modem

6. Ccrew macrumors 68020

You say it's a wired connection? Have you tried changing the ethernet cable if so?