keep macbook or macbook pro?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ajohnson253, Aug 6, 2008.

1. ajohnson253 macrumors 68000

ajohnson253

2.4Ghz white macbook for about a week.

Enjoy everything but do not like the screen.
    Want the LED screen on the air or the mbp

Would rather have the multi touch pad, instead of this basic macbook pad.

Mainly the screen is what I would like the most, just dont know which to exchange into because I do basic things on the mac just surf the web, photos, music downloads etc etc. Pretty soon getting into photography so will be running photoshop or something. Will MBA hold those basic things plus that, or better for the mbp?

2. SpookyLars macrumors 6502

For photography and Photoshop? It's better to get a MBP.

3. Cave Man macrumors 604

Cave Man

You'd probably be better off keeping the MB and buying an external 8-bit display, keyboard and mouse. A 2.4 gHz MB runs PSCS3 as well as a 2.4 gHz MBP.

4. trek1500 macrumors member

trek1500

Funny enough...I had the same dilemma before making my decision to go with the MBP. I know the cost is a bit more but in the long run I think I'll benefit. I wanted something I could use to manage my video and photo content of which I have a lot. iLife 08 is the perfect application with it's integrated suite of video, photo & dvd software. I have never found a suite of programs as easy to use as what Apple packaged in iLife. So far my results have been fantastic! I also signed up for a year of mobileme which is a great deal if you want to share your photos and videos with family & friends! One of the things I have enjoyed a lot is my visits to the Apple store for their workshops..I'm seriously considering signing up for their one to one program which entitles you to work with one of the Apple "geniuses" pertaining to any questions you may have related to any software you are using...52 sessions for $99 and anyone in your family can take advantage of it!

MBP is an amazing tool!

5. RainForRent macrumors 6502

RainForRent

Yeah, unless you are working massive Photoshop files, the MB is going to suit you just fine. Enjoy the better portability of the MB.

6. watermelon macrumors regular

Doesn't the MBP's gpu have any effect?

7. Cave Man macrumors 604

Cave Man

Only for Aperture and Pixelmator, which are coded to exploit the gpu. For all others, cpu speed is king (that may change in CS4). The only other issue is that the MB gpu shares the memory bus with the RAM, but that only results in a slight performance hit.