Keep my Apple Reservation or order from AT&T now?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by OriolesMagic, Oct 7, 2011.

1. OriolesMagic macrumors member

Jun 10, 2009
    Really don't know which one I should do. Is there an advantage in ordering straight from Apple? Or should I just place my order with AT&T now and get it over with?

2. matthewskyle macrumors member

Jan 23, 2011
    AT&T is down..which is why your order is on hold with Apple.
  3. mrxak macrumors 68000

Apr 16, 2004
    Drifting through space in a broken escape pod
    After almost an hour getting jammed up at various stages on Apple, AT&T finally offered me an upgrade to the 4S, instead of just the 4 or 3GS, so I went and did that, went very quick and easy.
  4. iomcamaross2010 macrumors member

Jun 19, 2010
    stuart, fl
    att verified me as well on their sight and took payment etc as well as order number
  5. metacove macrumors newbie

Jun 15, 2010
    So you had a reservation and gave up and ordered through ?
  6. vertigomhs macrumors member

Jul 13, 2008
    gave up on apple, and tried ATT, worked the first time, everything went through smoothly :)
  7. oxocube macrumors member

May 30, 2007
    Same here. Tried Apple for an hour and it would always hang up when trying to verify my AT&T info. I finally gave up. Worked fine on the AT&T website.

Too bad - as I had wanted to buy Applecare+ and a bumper :-/
  8. markel253 macrumors regular

May 17, 2008
    Same here, after trying Apple for an hour, I got right through to AT&T and placed my order quickly. Went through with no problem, I have an order number and will be delivered on 10/14.
  9. markel253 macrumors regular

May 17, 2008
    So I have gotten my confirmation email from AT&T and then moments later another email saying that my order has been processed and sent to the warehouse for delivery on 10/14/2011.

Why did I even waste my time with waiting for the Apple Store?
  10. Italianblend macrumors 68000

Mar 21, 2011
    If you're worried about having a reservation, don't. You will get your e-mail soon and you will have until Saturday at 5PM to check out.

Just be patient, and you'll get the e-mail from apple and will be able to finish it. Mine took 2 hours, but after that I got the second e-mail and was able to check out with no problems.