keep my maxed 15" or get a 13" ntb

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jetjaguar, Dec 26, 2016.

1. jetjaguar macrumors 68030

jetjaguar

I can't decide whether I should return my 15" maxed model and swap it out for a 13" ntb and eventually get an updated iMac when they get released or keep my 15" and run dual external monitors. Ive never run a laptop in clamshell mode before or even hooked it up to an external. How do they run ? does the fan kick on? I always had desktops so making my laptop a desktop replacement would be new to me. To those of you who have how do you like it? do the fans constantly kick on? I plan on running dual 32" 4k monitors. Any issues with performance ?

2. solideliquid macrumors 6502

solideliquid

Here is my advice: keep the 15" MAXED MBP, and get the 32" 4K monitors. Then when the updated iMacs launch, get TWO. Then you'll have FOUR screens. That's boss mode right there.

3. dark_mark Suspended

He should also buy TWO maxed out 13 TB to put on each side of those 4 screens. Also he should buy Macbook 12" to put in the middle and use it as a small screen. That's 7 very necessary equipment to accomplish some very important work done. That's boss right there!

4. SoyCapitanSoyCapitan macrumors 68040

SoyCapitanSoyCapitan

I agree with the guys above. But you need to go beyond Boss Mode. You should go Captain Kirk Mode. You really need to make a Star Trek Navigation Flight Deck.

But seriously, one 15" laptop and one desktop. They can both share an extra monitor.

5. xb2003 macrumors 6502

xb2003

But what about those times when he needs a touch screen? You can't live without an iPad Pro on either side of the MacBook.

6. solideliquid macrumors 6502

solideliquid

TWO iPad Pros? Now that is excessive. Come on dude.