Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nyprospect

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 3, 2004
I know it;s a 17 inch but i dont think it will bother me. I have a 19 inch widescreen with my mini.I have always wanted a white imac.I ordered a 3gb kit from owc. Would it be completely stupid to buy a refurb imac? thanks.

Victor ch

macrumors 6502a
Jun 19, 2007
San José, Costa Rica
I know it;s a 17 inch but i dont think it will bother me. I have a 19 inch widescreen with my mini.I have always wanted a white imac.I ordered a 3gb kit from owc. Would it be completely stupid to buy a refurb imac? thanks.

Well it depends, if your needs are fulfilled with the mini then honestly there is no use for the iMac. If what you desire is an all-in-one computer then go for the iMac and if you're ordering the fancy 17" one, the the graphics card will come in handy in all sorts of ways. Changing the RAM in the mini is a very difficult task BTW. As for refurbished I can't comment on that as Im completely ignorant in that matter but I've read lots of people pleased with them. Hope this helped.

-Victor

nyprospect

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 3, 2004
Well it depends, if your needs are fulfilled with the mini then honestly there is no use for the iMac. If what you desire is an all-in-one computer then go for the iMac and if you're ordering the fancy 17" one, the the graphics card will come in handy in all sorts of ways. Changing the RAM in the mini is a very difficult task BTW. As for refurbished I can't comment on that as Im completely ignorant in that matter but I've read lots of people pleased with them. Hope this helped.

-Victor

Yeah thats another reason i want the imac.The ram is hard to install in the mini.Im pretty happy with the mini.I was gonna try to install the ram in my mini.Im still gonna try but it is easier to install in the imac.

tersono

macrumors 68000
Jan 18, 2005
UK
Personally, I'd stick with the mini - the iMac really doesn't offer any great advantage - especially as you already have a screen.

Refurbs can be a great deal if you buy direct from Apple, but they're not always so consistent from other sources, so it depends on where you're getting it from.

Nichod

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2007
Yeah thats another reason i want the imac.The ram is hard to install in the mini.Im pretty happy with the mini.I was gonna try to install the ram in my mini.Im still gonna try but it is easier to install in the imac.

If you don't want your mini. Let me know! I'll take it off your hands.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.