Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

barcode00

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 25, 2010
Is there anyway to keep notifcations in the Notifcation Centre after you have pressed them and been taken to whereever?

They seem to disappear after you have pressed on it which, although is the intended behaviour, can be annoying if I want to refer back to the notification it moments later (also sometimes the redirection fails for various reasons 'in-app' and I then have no way to navigate to the specific alert).

uandme72

macrumors 68020
Mar 2, 2015
Is there anyway to keep notifcations in the Notifcation Centre after you have pressed them and been taken to whereever?

They seem to disappear after you have pressed on it which, although is the intended behaviour, can be annoying if I want to refer back to the notification it moments later (also sometimes the redirection fails for various reasons 'in-app' and I then have no way to navigate to the specific alert).
Notifications should clear only when the underlying app has been opened. The clearing of notifications by merely pressing (I presume 3D Touch) is erratic.

barcode00

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 25, 2010
Notifications should clear only when the underlying app has been opened. The clearing of notifications by merely pressing (I presume 3D Touch) is erratic.

Sometimes when the app opens it fails to load whatever was intended (page, alert, etc) for a variety of reasons (lost connection, app crashed, etc).

If I want to ‘retry’ opening the notification then I am unable to it seems.

I realise these problems relate to the app itself but it would be good if notifications could persist.

uandme72

macrumors 68020
Mar 2, 2015
Sometimes when the app opens it fails to load whatever was intended (page, alert, etc) for a variety of reasons (lost connection, app crashed, etc).

I realise these problems relate to the app itself but it would be good if notifications could persist.
Which app ?

TimFL1

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2017
Germany

That‘s on the app though (the dev can choose to clear notifications on app launch).

I did suggest a „persistent lock screen“ toggle for notifications a few years ago though via the feedback app.

barcode00

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 25, 2010
Which app ?

Google+ (for G Suite), but it happens for others. The ‘link’ to the alert/message is sometimes lost.

The crucial point is that it takes away my ability to reattempt to open the notification and my ability to keep track of notifications (I am aware many apps have their own internal notifications section, but even so, it would be nice to have a unified place to see alerts across the OS)

Reactions: uandme72

uandme72

macrumors 68020
Mar 2, 2015
Google+ (for G Suite), but it happens for others. The ‘link’ to the alert/message is sometimes lost.

The crucial point is that it takes away my ability to reattempt to open the notification and my ability to keep track of notifications (I am aware many apps have their own internal notifications section, but even so, it would be nice to have a unified place to see alerts across the OS)
I agree.
This erratic behaviour is observed in many apps including the native mail app of iOS.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.