Keep OG Apple Watch Sport or Sell On

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by cbaitson, Jun 3, 2018.

1. cbaitson macrumors newbie

cbaitson

So I have taken the plunge and got myself an S3 Watch. I have been rocking the OG Series 0 Sport watch in Space Grey since day one. It still works fine, a little slower maybe, less battery life sure, but it seems a shame to part with it. Its in excellent condition surprisingly as I wear it day in day out. So my question, do I hang onto this little piece of Apple history or do I cash in now while I can still make around £100 back. Tough one, who knew you could fall in love with a watch!

2. Relentless Power, Jun 3, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2018

Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

My opinion is to sell it. Its not some one off device that was rare. It was a mass produced item. It won’t be worth anything, as all tech is disposable at one point or another and eventually the battery will wear out completely. I would take the extra money and purchase some additional watch bands if you want.

3. perezr10 macrumors 6502a

I’d sell it. Surprisingly, there is still a huge demand for the original Apple Watch on eBay. For people who just want notifications on their wrist so they don’t have to pull their iPhone out of their pocket it’ll still work great.

It’ll be harder to sell once the form factor changes. Right now is still nice for the used watch buyers since the watch looks just like the new Series 3.