Hi, Last month I bought a retina MBP, after a few problems replaced it and now I have that I can just about live with. It has a LG screen, which is currently showing no image retention, but something could appear later, and obviously never appear at all. The bottom kinda creeks a bit which is getting more annoying by the day. The model I have is the 8gb/256/2.3 which I thought would be sufficient, I will be running autocad and other like programs, although now I am having doubts. I thought I could return this and get a simple RAM upgrade, but to cut a long story short I got this from the apple at £1620 rather than the £1799, and im not a student, cant really use my discount to get the ram upgrade. I dont think they will let me have a upgraded model for that price + upgrade fee surely, unless im wrong? So I thought, I could return, keep the money in the bank and get the next updated model, hopefully it will work amazingly out of the box like my iMac did a few years ago, with no first gen issues like this one has had, also I will benefit from a little spec upgrade, and jump on the 16gb ram because the price should drop. In the meantime get a ipad, which will suit me fine. I got this retina because I could get it at the price above. What do you guys think, should I wait or return, do you think 8gb ram is enough for the 3/4 year uni course i will be doing?