Keep or sell April 2010 15" MBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by defsquad, Jan 18, 2012.

1. defsquad macrumors regular

So I've acquired an April 2010 15" MBP with 8GB ram (the base model other than the aftermarket ram upgrade). This came to me as payment for doing some development freelance. I'm currently running a hackintosh, quite happily I might add. I'd love to move to using a REAL mac though. My question is, do I spend the $$$ to put an SSD in this MBP or sell the MBP and possibly get mac mini or even a newer model MBP or MBA? Right now, I'm in this thing my time only, so far. Just looking for the communities thoughts and opinions.

As a final thought, I was going to also drop the money on the hengedock or bookendz docking station for this thing too, but I'm just not 100% happy with the speed of this thing as it is, though I've seen SSD upgrades REALLY boost the performance of most computers.

Anyway, thanks for any input you may have.

EDIT: i do mostly programming work, light-duty image manipulation and vector creation. some light gaming (to include diablo 3 when it comes out).

2. imaketouchtheme macrumors 65816

I say you sell it.....to me :p

I'll give you $300 for it.

3. JamesGorman macrumors 65816

JamesGorman

What do you use you computer for? We may be able to make a recommendation based on your needs.