iPad Keep or sell?

MacBookPr0

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 5, 2011
So long story short, I got an iPad air 16 gb for 350 on Black Friday, and I'm not sure whether to keep it or sell it to someone else (not scalping just pass on the good deal). What do you his think I should do. I don't need it but I could use it for classes... What do y'all think?

samiznaetekto

macrumors 65816
Dec 26, 2009
So long story short, I got an iPad air 16 gb for 350 on Black Friday, and I'm not sure whether to keep it or sell it to someone else (not scalping just pass on the good deal). What do you his think I should do. I don't need it but I could use it for classes... What do y'all think?
We'all think that you should do a drop test with it, it'll be very entertaining for us'all. :D

Seriously, WTF with all these questions ala "hey Internetz, should I scratch my left armpit or right? What do y'all think?" :confused:

imejh

macrumors member
Mar 4, 2013
Make a donation or give it away to someone in need of a tablet.

I need to make a trip to the bathroom to use the toilet... should I go or hold it?

MacBookPr0

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 5, 2011
Haha thanks for the help guys! I actually got a good laugh out of this... In all actuality I just don't know if I can reasonably say I need it. I'll think it over then ask y'all to help me with the decision if what to eat for breakfast haha

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
Haha thanks for the help guys! I actually got a good laugh out of this... In all actuality I just don't know if I can reasonably say I need it. I'll think it over then ask y'all to help me with the decision if what to eat for breakfast haha
I love my iPad, it's the device I use the most (I also have an iPhone, an iMac, and a MacBook Air), but I can't say it's a device I NEED. Convenient, yes. Joy to use, yes. But if I didn't have my iPad, everything I do on it, I could do with one or other of my other devices. It just won't be as pleasant doing them.

So, my point is, asking yourself if you NEED the iPad is the wrong question to ask. You need to ask yourself if you will ENJOY using the iPad, and if that enjoyment is worth to you what you paid for the iPad.

From A Buick 8

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2010
Ky Close to CinCinnati
Why did you go out on black friday and buy the iPad?

RickTaylor

macrumors 6502a
Nov 9, 2013
If you're a student you should definitely keep it! These days, most textbooks are available in electronic form. Wouldn't you rather carry a thin light slate in your backpack than a bunch of absurdly over-sized textbooks?

Last edited:

MacBookPr0

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 5, 2011
Why did you go out on black friday and buy the iPad?
I preordered 2 surfaces from frys, one for a gift and one to try out.. got there and frys said they could only honor one but that they would give a similar discount to another tablet for me... So I got a great deal and didn't question buying it.

----------

I love my iPad, it's the device I use the most (I also have an iPhone, an iMac, and a MacBook Air), but I can't say it's a device I NEED. Convenient, yes. Joy to use, yes. But if I didn't have my iPad, everything I do on it, I could do with one or other of my other devices. It just won't be as pleasant doing them.

So, my point is, asking yourself if you NEED the iPad is the wrong question to ask. You need to ask yourself if you will ENJOY using the iPad, and if that enjoyment is worth to you what you paid for the iPad.
Thanks! This is really the most helpful piece of advice I've heard. Makes total sense... Thanks again!

From A Buick 8

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2010
Ky Close to CinCinnati
I preordered 2 surfaces from frys, one for a gift and one to try out.. got there and frys said they could only honor one but that they would give a similar discount to another tablet for me... So I got a great deal and didn't question buying it
Based on that, is there someone in your life who would not be able to afford an iPad and you could just make their day. A gift like that (especially if anonymous ) will change your christmas outlook.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.