Keep podcasts on iPad only?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by baileya1c, Aug 17, 2012.

1. baileya1c macrumors member

Hello everyone : )

Like the title says. I want to be able to keep podcast on my iPad only. I have the rMBP and want to keep the large video podcast's I watch off of the relatively small SSD (512). Everytime I sync my iPad it automatically transfers all my podcasts to my iTunes and stores them on my rMBP. Anyone know a way to prevent this? I would be sofa king grateful if you could help me.

2. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

it might be easier to use a podcast app on your ipad. you won't have to sync back and forth from the mbp, and the mbp will be free of podcast clutter.

3. jabingla2810 macrumors 68020

Turn off podcast syncing on itunes

Download the podcasts app from the app store.

It lets you subscribe and download podcasts directly on your device.

4. baileya1c thread starter macrumors member

I tried to turn off podcast sync in iTunes but it still freaking transfers all podcast on my iPad to my Mac. I hate it. There has got to be a way. Maybe a third party app is the solution but I like the apple podcast app.

5. ManicMarc macrumors 6502

I use an app called Podcaster (and have been since the days of my 3GS in 2009). It's not free (but it's also not expensive) and is much more reliable than the Apple app.

Edit: Yes it's an iPhone app but works on iPad 3 fine for me. And no I don't work for them :)