Keep PS4 or get Xbox One?

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by placidity44, Jun 6, 2015.

1. placidity44 macrumors 6502

placidity44

I could have both but it'd be a complete waste as I like to only have one console to keep clutter to a minimum and if I have two one will end up never being played. I get madden every year even though it's pretty much the same game every year. I absolutely am in love with Metal Gear Solid as I have been since I was a kid and I will get Phantom Pain the second it's released. Like Call of Duty, pumped for Star Wars: Battlefront. LOVED Last of Us, like god of war, crash bandicoot. Basically the exclusives on each side aren't screaming at me but i'm leaning toward the exclusives from sony except I like Halo but i'm hesitant because I didn't really enjoy 4, or enjoy the master chief collection when I played it at a friends house. Kind of feels worn out to me...but I secretly want it but can certainly be fine without it. I have game fly and have been playing bloodborne which I really like, GTA V, COD: AW, and i'm waiting to get arkham knight. I'll play a game constantly until I beat it and have fun with the multiplayer and then it could be a week before I touch my console again. Used to always own all the systems but just not enough time anymore and my head aches after a while. Play a lot of online I prefer to play online alone with no headset and have one friend on my friends list which is a close family member. I haven't had any issues with my PS4 and i'm extremely happy with it i'm just not sure if i'd be happier with a One but I don't think I would. The power brick and huge boxy design with a microsoft interface might drive me mad. I don't know opinions on the subject would be great.

2. petvas macrumors 601

petvas

Why would you get an Xbox One? You like the Sony exclusives more, you like the PlayStation, so where is the problem? The PS 4 is the best game console. it has more power and works great. Keep it and enjoy it!
    I am playing the Witcher 3 now and it's amazing.

3. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

If you're happy with one stick with it. Pick the other one up in a few years when there are more killer titles and the system is cheaper. Maybe a redesign will include the powerbrick in the system like the PS4 does? It's hard to call these things. But do wait.

4. Taustin Powers macrumors regular

You prefer Sony's exclusives, you are extremely happy with your PS4, and you don't like the XBO's design.

You just answered your own question, which was "Why would I trade my PS4 for an XBO, when I like the PS4 and its games much better".

What I don't see is how we can help you any further here... :confused:

5. peskaa macrumors 68020

peskaa

As others have said, you've answered your own question. Keep the PS4.

6. placidity44 thread starter macrumors 6502

placidity44

Yes I apologize if I answered my own question. The only thing that made me even consider was Halo 5: Guardians but Bungie isn't doing Halo anymore so i'm very skeptical. I could get both but over the years it always ends up I use just one console and i'm not paying 350 dollars for one game and maybe a few exclusives down the line. With the PS4 being more powerful, smaller, cleaner UI, project morpheus coming, i'm extremely happy with it I guess it's just a case of is the grass greener on the other side type thing. I've used the Xbox and really didn't like the metro UI or how difficult items were to get to.