Keep reminding me until dismissed? Possible?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by chrismacr, Nov 29, 2013.

1. chrismacr, Nov 29, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2013

chrismacr macrumors newbie

Hi fellow iPhone users,

I'm looking for a calendar/reminder app that will notify me every X minutes until dismissed. Does such a thing exist?

Example: If I have a reminder to "call mom" at 6pm, I want it to remind me at 6pm, and then again at intervals (such as every 10 minutes) until I look at my phone. The same would go for calendar events.

Reason: I usually do not do the actual task as it goes off, and the problem is it is forgotten as it does not remind me again. For that matter, if I am not in the same room as my phone, or hear my phone as it notified me the first time, then whatever the important task was never even known until it is too late.

2. mKTank macrumors 68000

mKTank

Just took a look at the App Store; looks like XReminder has a snooze function that keeps bugging you until you stop it. Is that what you meant?

It's two dollars though but I bet most of the Reminder apps on the store have some similar functionality to this.

3. chrismacr thread starter macrumors newbie

It appears that this app reminds every minute until dismissed and I don't believe it gives the option to change that.

Do you know of any other auto-snooze apps that allow every 10 mins (or the ability to change this time to custom interval)?

Thanks

4. chrismacr, Nov 29, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2013

chrismacr thread starter macrumors newbie

I believe I've answered my own question regarding this. An app called Due can do 1min or 1hr auto snooze and claim that only that can be done. I think iReminder can do custom auto snooze but it's interface is very ugly. Fantastical 2 looks ok, but Calendars5 looks better, although I'm not sure if it has ANY snooze capability. Such a tough decision!