Keep Scroll Bar at the Top of Folders (Possible?)

Discussion in 'macOS' started by MUBiomed, Jun 1, 2013.

1. MUBiomed
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 6502

MUBiomed

Sorry about the bad title...

I am always aggravated when I go to open a folder that I "left" at the bottom of the scroll bar the last time I was there. Is there a way to force OS X to open folders at the top of their scroll bars whenever you come back to them regardless of the scroll bar's last position?

Thanks in advance.

2. benwiggy
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 68020

Is this in the Finder? What View mode do you use? Is this when you open a new window for a folder you've already been to, or for an existing window?

Pressing ` should select the first item in the folder. The Home button will scroll you up to the top, too.

3. MUBiomed
    Expand Collapse
    thread starter macrumors 6502

MUBiomed

As a long time laptop user, I am without the home button. I usually use Fn + arrow keys to skip to the top or bottom, but hoped there was a way to pick a default where a new finder window for a folder you have been in before would always be at the top.

Just like in preview where you can change a setting so it "forgets" where you were at in a PDF and so it always opens at the top even if you closed it on the last page. I want that...but for finder.