Keep, sell, or send in? 13" cMbp 2012

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by markus843, Nov 11, 2012.

1. markus843 macrumors regular

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3GNqlIlIZo&feature=plcp
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GXmdEIJK8g&feature=channel&list=UL

Hello everyone,

Above are links to videos of my problems with my macbook pro. I have these following problems:
    Uneven trackpad
    Moving hinge (at the back)
    Scratching sounds when opened
    Stiff hinge
    Cracking sounds when closing macbook
    Crooked Screen
    WiFi disconnecting every 15 minutes for around 10 seconds

These aren't the biggest problems, but for $1200, I expect a laptop to be near perfect. I currently have it upgraded to an ssd and 16gb of ram, but if I were to send it in, I would just pop in the old HDD and Ram. I heard from many people that apple won't repair this. Should I just suck it up, try and sell it, or maybe give it a shot to send it in to apple? ....

Thanks..

2. mohsy90 macrumors 65816

mohsy90

I would send it in before selling and losing out on money. Thats a lot of issues that I would assume would have been present right after you unboxed it. If it seems like its from a fall, then it may be tough to get Apple to outright replace it or repair it.

3. markus843 thread starter macrumors regular

Forgot to mention, the hinge sticks out about 2mm which causes the crooked screen, no drops ever or anything

4. mohsy90 macrumors 65816

mohsy90

I'd take it in and show them all the issues. If your mailing it in, then take a clear video of all the issues and when you call Apple they can give you an email address to which you can send your video files.

5. AppleMacFinder macrumors 6502a

AppleMacFinder

Of course, it always better to return than to live with that.
    And also, they would have a look at those issues and make sure they won't appear in new laptops.

6. magbarn macrumors 68000

If you're within that 14 day return window... I'd return it ASAP. Always better to replace than repair.