Keep the adapter plugged in?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by devosvictor, Nov 23, 2013.

1. devosvictor macrumors newbie

devosvictor

Greetings everyone,

I was wondering what to do when my battery is charged 100%, should I plug it out or let it stick in?

Thanks in advance for any replies

2. EatingApples macrumors member

Let it be plugged in when you're not on the go.

Make sure use it on battery power sometimes though, to keep the electrons flowing and to ensure the battery life in your device.

3. devosvictor thread starter macrumors newbie

devosvictor

Thanks for the fast reply!

I just installed coconutBattery so be aware of my battery health.

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Run on battery whenever you need to and plug it in whenever you can. You can plug or unplug any time you need to, regardless of the charged percentage, and you never need to completely drain your battery. Just make sure you don't run on AC power exclusively, as your battery needs to be used regularly to stay healthy.
    The link below should answer most, if not all, of your battery/charging questions. If you haven't already done so, I highly recommend you take the time to read it.

5. Abazigal macrumors 604

Abazigal

Considering that certain features like app nap pretty much require you to keep your MacBook plugged in overnight, I would assume the charging software knows how to turn itself off when the battery is charged to max.

6. HIMAN1998 macrumors 6502

HIMAN1998

Just for a reason never to stay plugged in 10% of the time, I bought a used MacBook Late 2008. It's battery had 30 cycles on it. This is the original battery. I started using it off AC power, and the battery life was only 2-2 1/2 hours if I was lucky. Now, it is only about 15 minutes and shuts off around 70%.

7. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

You assume correctly. It stops charging when full.
    Have you calibrated the battery?