Keep this post up till we have a Solution to the Bricked phones!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JoeJITSU, Oct 13, 2007.

1. JoeJITSU macrumors member

I believe there are thousands of us and soon to be tens of thousands soon. Apple really f**ked us over. I mean if it wasn't that expensive..then I would not really care. This cost me $430 and I have 5 kids. I know that to put 3rd party software on there is wrong....But think of it this way....If Bill Gates were only to sell XBOX 360s or Windows sofware to one side of the world , Wouldn't you think
    the population on that side of the world would be booming. Thats like most people buying the Iphones....Awesome product but ATT isnt everywhere and for alot they are still happy with their carriers but not their phones.
    I hope that APPLE gives us this antidote to our phones soon.Yea I have everything else that works on the phone except the PHONE :(

2. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

I thought this was meant to unbrick your bricked phone...

3. Nicolasdec macrumors 65816

Nicolasdec

Why did you upgrade to 1.1.1? There were plenty of warrnings that apple was going to do this. When you bought the phone you knew that t was locked to ATT, what made you think that apple would just let you unlock the iPhone?

4. D1G1T4L macrumors 68000

D1G1T4L

You were warned OVER and OVER NOT to upgrade yet you still upgraded. How did Apple do that to you?

5. PDE macrumors 68020

Is all this necessary? Another thread like this: one person upset that he has a non-functioning bricked phone and the rest telling him that he has himself to blame? To people get a kick out this? If you have not help/information to offer, then why comment at all? Does it make you feel better?

6. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Oh well, that makes all the difference! Apple should definitely make an exception for people with 5 kids.

7. D1G1T4L macrumors 68000

D1G1T4L

Why do I comment because they come in saying how Apple has done them wrong. How badly they have been treated and how they have been bent over! This and that and this and that.

Look they were warned a week before hand. They were warned as they updated.

What more was needed?!?!?!

Yet they did it and they still don't take personal responsibility. Too easy to blame someone else. I'm just tired of it.

What do you want me to do say I'm sorry they didn't listen? Hey I am but that doesn't change the fact they DIDN'T LISTEN!

8. calculus Guest

calculus

The solution to bricked iPhones is simple. In fact it's so obvious that I am not going to waste any more time by posting it.

9. sananda macrumors 68020

i think the unlocking process (anySIM) did that. maybe those guys don't really know what they're doing. the other unlockers, iphonesimfree, don't have the bricking problem. maybe they know what they're doing. seems like apple warned you that what had been done to the phone by anySIM wasn't good and you shouldn't have updated.

10. PDE macrumors 68020

I agree that they were stupid to upgrade when there were so many warnings (I didn't and I won't until there is some clarity about the situation), and I agree that people should take personal responsibility - especially now that we know that the real problem was with the iunlock/Anysim software. However, we all know this now and there are so many threads like this that do nothing for anybody, except perhaps for the people who enjoy tell the OP that s/he was stupid.

I'm out of here....

11. Plutonius macrumors 603

Plutonius

I would normally agree with you but the OP is not asking for help/information but instead is venting to everyone over something he did that he's blaming Apple for. I do feel sorry for the OP's dead phone but sometimes people have to take responsibility for thier own situations.

12. JoeJITSU thread starter macrumors member

well, my problem occured with the 1.0.2. After 3 days of the same problem i then decided "what the hell" and updated. I even down graded and still nothing. But i think i finally found a solution. Ill let you guys know by tonight

13. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

People are just making a point. He has no room to complain because he was warned against it. Its like saying dont drink this poison it will make you sick, and then blaming the poison seller when your about to die that its all his fault.

14. calculus Guest

calculus

But it isn't the poison seller that people are blaming - that would be understandable - it's the ones who gave the warning being blamed!

15. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Yawn, and you open yet another thread to voice your complaints. [​IMG]

16. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

Right, and the poison seller told him its going to make him sick, and yet he took it anyway.

17. Sobe macrumors 68000

Sobe

Personally, I'm more than a little sick of seeing post after post on hacks, bricks, etc etc.

I think the posts on it are for more annoying than the fact the hacks and unlocks exist.

And no I don't have to read them, but if I want to scan the iPhone forum, I do have to deal with the thread titles at the very least, which is why I have repeatedly called for a separate forum for those who wish to discuss hacking and unlocking.

18. skubish macrumors 68030

skubish

MODS: Please lock this thread.

You new the terms of service. A contract with ATT was required. If you choose to modify the device, you are on you own.

Its no different than modding a xbox 360 or a Tivo box. My do people think it is different with Apple products.

19. DeaconGraves macrumors 65816

DeaconGraves

Ask Bill how the Xbox 360 has been selling in Japan.

20. KittyToy macrumors 6502

KittyToy

if you got 5 kids and felt 430 was too much money, why did you buy it?

21. boss1 macrumors 6502a

boss1

Too Many SENSITIVE ISSUES in this thread warning!.....

1st. the thread complains about Apple's blame for bricking his phone
    2nd. forum people go on to debate the ethics of bricking your phone and whos to blame
    3rd. The subject of too many brick threads comes up
    • 3a. nobody cares about xbox in japan
    4th. The subject of people flaming posters without offering any kind of help is brought up
    5th. Someone raised the question of the ethics behind complaining about the cost of iPhone if you have 5 kids?

Warning this thread has become unstable...anyone posting to this thread from this point forward should equip themselves with the following harness and proceed with caution.

[​IMG]

22. JoeJITSU thread starter macrumors member

first of all.
    1. There is a $1.2 Billion Class Action lawsuit right now against apple and ATT.
    Don't you think if people thought apple were right.....There wouldn't be a lawsuit...DUH!
    2. I bought this phone and never had anyone SAY don't download 3rd party applications. Even when I linked it to itunes...I never got an agreement. I never signed anything at the apple store. If they inquired it online or announced it elsewhere....I NEVER saw it.
    3. Too many bricked threads? how many people want to put games and so forth on their phone for FREE? Exactly.....More than 50% of you guys.......... that think $4.99 a game is cheap.
    4. No comment
    5. I was complaining of a Iphone bricked.....I thought the cost was great if the phone was useful.

23. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

I though this has been solved? how many people's devices are still bricked? any idea?

24. JoeJITSU thread starter macrumors member

Yes there is a software out there OR you can downgrade your baseband which is a little bit complicated for me because A. I couldn't get the SSH to work on my iphone and B. The other software wouldn't even connect to my PC.