Keep those kids away from bluetooth keyboards!

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by sean000, May 5, 2016.

1. sean000 macrumors 6502a

sean000

Funny story...I have a bluetooth keyboard that I don't use that often, but I needed to do some work the other day and decided it was a nice day to use the iPad and keyboard out on the deck. A few hours later I took the iPad inside but left the keyboard on the table. My kids (ages 3 and 5) find the keyboard and start typing out pretend messages. I didn't notice since I was in the next room. Then I pick up my iPad and see the "iPad is disabled" message. Right away I realized what the kids had been playing with. They had been at it for some time, so it wasn't just disabled for 5 minutes. It was totally disabled.

Not exactly how I planned to spend my Tuesday night, but eventually my erase and restore from iCloud backup completed. I don't use that bluetooth keyboard often, but in the future I will definitely be careful about where I leave it!

2. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

I feel your pain. I had something similar. I have the Apple wireless keyboard that I use with my iPad. The on/off is the worst thing Apple has ever done. It was coming on any time it was jostled, or accidentally touched, disabling my iPad. I finally taped a penny over the on/off button.